Taylormade Purelite Stand Bag Review
The Taylormade Purelite Stand Bag is currently battling it out among other top brands, and in terms of popularity, it’s not doing poorly.
With so many golf bags online there must be something here that attracts golfers, and as our review will show, there indeed are.
Table Of Contents
Features and Specifications Of Taylormade Purelite Stand Bag
- The bag is available in black/gray/blue, black/white/red, black/white, black/gray/yellow, white/black/purple and navy/white/black.
- The bag comes with a 5-way top with handle.
- The Purelite weighs only 5.5 lbs.
- Full-length dividers are provided on each stand bag.
- There is a towel loop included as well as a rain hood and an umbrella sleeve.
- The Purelite has a compatible cart base.
- There are 7 pockets in total, so there’s more than enough space to store your golf gear, and one of these is a valuables pocket with velour lining, and the cooler sleeve is insulated.
- The hip pad is molded ergonomically.
- A 4 point shoulder strap is built into the bag.
- The Purelite also has an anti-split stand system, a pen sleeve, and webbing trunk handle.
- There is a zip-off ball pocket that you can use for embroidery.
The key feature here is the 5-Way Top with handle (9.5” x 8.25”) as it is responsible for keeping your clubs and other gear secure. Putting golf clubs in is easy, and they’re very accessible, so it’s no hassle to draw them out. Even if you fill the bag with clubs, balls, and other items, the Purelite won’t make any loud noises as they stay in place.
There’s a good deal of emphasis on ergonomics in the Purelite, and it’s apparent in the overall design. The nylon webbing trunk handle improves handling, and the anti-split stand system goes far when it comes to providing stability. There’s also an EVA molded hip pad that you’ll appreciate, and the 4 point shoulder strap takes out a lot of the burden when carrying the bag.
As customers have pointed out, another benefit of the Purelite is its lightness: even when packed the bag is nowhere as heavy as the others in its class, and for some that alone is worth the price.
The Taylormade Purelite has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon. 56 customers have posted reviews, and 66% have given it 5 stars, 25% have awarded the Purelite 4 stars and 4% assigned 3 stars to the bag. Only 3% and 2% have given the bag 2 and 1 star respectively.
Among those who gave the bag, a low rating wanted more pockets, but the majority are happy with it. Russell A. Carpenter gave the Purelite 4 stars and said it’s “well made” and offers “good value overall”. Another positive review was posted by Drew Z., who awarded the Purelite 5 stars. Drew says it’s an “absolutely fantastic golf bag” and provides room for all the necessary gear. Other customers on Amazon say similar things, a testament to the bag’s popularity.
Who Should Buy This Product?
The Taylormade Purelite Golf Bag was made for a specific market, and those are the golfers that want a bag which is easy to carry. There is no lacking of golf bags on the web as you probably already know, but it’s another thing to find one that is roomy and won’t break your back.
If that’s the type of bag you’re after then, the Purelite will be worth a try as it’s been built for that purpose. As was made clear in the features section above, the Purelite sports an ergonomic design, and part of that is the bag’s lightness even when full. If you’ve been having trouble with large bags and don’t want to use small ones because you can’t fit your gear, the Purelite offers a nice compromise.
Taylormade Purelite Stand Bag Review
- Overall Features
- Amazon User Rating
Wrapping Up Our Taylormade Purelite Stand Bag Review
The Taylormade Purelite Stand Bag is brimming with features and considering its low price tag; this is a good buy. The ergonomic design, dividers, and pockets are well thought out, and the reviews have been positive as well, so the Purelite has a lot going for it.