Best Golf Stand Bag Reviews 2019 – A Must Read
Table Of Contents
- Comparison of Our 6 Best Golf Stand Bags 2019
- 6 Top Golf Stand Bags Reviewed 2019
- Orlimar Pitch and Putt Golf Lightweight Stand Carry Bag
- TaylorMade Golf TM Stand Golf Bag 5.0
- TaylorMade Flextech Stand Bag
- TANGKULA Golf Bag w/4 Way Divider Stand Cart Bag
- Callaway Golf Capital Stand Bag
- Callaway Golf Hyper-Lite 5 Stand Bag
- Guide to Buy the Best Golf Stand Bags
- Some Frequently Asked Questions
Stand bags are the most versatile kind of golf bags. They are lightweight but are more substantial than the carry bags. In addition to that, they have legs at the base that keep all the contents upright. They are an ideal fit for golf carts.
Now, what makes the best golf stand bag?
Your first thought might be the appearance, but things that are also vital are; storage space, functionality, and robustness.
Below, we take a look at some golf stand reviews to help you choose the best stand bag for your golfing needs.
Comparison of Our 6 Best Golf Stand Bags 2019
|Name||Dimension (in)||Weight (lbs)|
|Orlimar Pitch and Putt Golf Lightweight Stand Carry Bag||36 x 13 x 10||1.95|
TaylorMade Golf TM Stand Golf Bag 5.0
|10 x 13 x 36||4.5|
|TaylorMade Flextech||36 x 13 x 10||4.9|
|TANGKULA Golf Bag w/4 Way Divider Stand Cart Bag||Head Frame|
6 x 8
Bag Length 35
|Callaway Golf Capital||36 x 13 x 9||5.0|
|Callaway Golf Hyper-Lite 5||10.8 x 12.5 x 37.2||5|
6 Top Golf Stand Bags Reviewed 2019
With a weight of only 1.95 pounds, the Orlimar Pitch and Putt Golf stand bag is a lightweight one. That is perfect for kids who usually play at the range or Par 3 course, or walk 9 holes regularly.
It is not suitable for kids who walk 18 holes occasionally because it does not offer many choices like comfort features, e.g., additional padding in the straps.
- 2 compartment top that offers sufficient room for 6-7 clubs comfortably.
- 1 accessory pocket for golf balls, tees, ball marker and a pencil.
- Stiff back, single strap.
- Durable carry handle allows you to carry the back easily around the course.
- Comes in different colors, weighs 1.95 pounds
Being an ultra-lightweight and easy to carry golf bag for juniors, the Pitch and Putt is ready in a broad range of colors and provides excellent portability with its functional shoulder strap and durable carry handle.
- Very economical.
- Long-lasting design.
- Single-strap for easy carrying.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
On the downside, this bag doesn’t offer a lot of storage space, it has no rain hood, has only one accessory pocket and the shoulder strap is not sufficiently padded.
Since it has only one pocket for accessories, this bag is suitable for beginners who do not need too much storage space to keep a lot of clubs and accessories. Other than that, the Pitch and Putt golf stand bag is popular, affordable and certainly beats its rivals with its high-quality design.
The TaylorMade 5.0 is among the top golf stand bags of this year. It gives ample storage for your golfing equipment and accessories.
It hoards a 5-way divider top, 6 pockets, a matching rain hood and an EVA molded hip pad for added comfort.
- 4-way Divider Top to keep your clubs separated and organized.
- Six overall pockets that include the golf ball and tee pockets.
- Velour-lined pouch for storing valuables.
- Anti-split stand system with non-slip foot pads provides convenience. And security.
- Comfortable ergonomic dual shoulder straps have an air mesh.
- Matching rain hood and umbrella sleeve.
- EVA molded hip pad placed on the side limits pressure zones for extra comfort.
This is a great bag that offers plenty of room for all your golfing tools and accessories.
- Provides plenty of storage space.
- Looks great and is very comfortable.
- Comes at a good price.
- Durability is great.
- The bag is well-made, but the problem is that it only has 4 slots for the clubs which is not sufficient. Furthermore, the legs do not open up as soon as the bag is put on the ground, you have to push it down.
All in all, the Taylor Made 5.0 Stand bag is a solid bag for beginners. It can carry all the necessary amenities and is reasonably cheap. The EVA molded hip pad and comfortable ergonomic strap system have been incorporated for extra comfort. This is a highly recommended product.
In 2017, Taylor Made brought their FlexTech series of carry stand bags. These bags took the place of the PureLite line.
The model has an enhanced base and leg system for better stability together with a more adjustable, and efficient padded shoulder strap feature. The changes are excellent improvements to its previous models.
- 5-Way Organizational divider top with full-length dividers to keep your clubs well-organized and protected.
- Highly adjustable, double density strap feature and cushioned hip pad.
- Top rim, spine and bottom handles offer easy lifting.
- 11 overall pockets including the full-length garment pocket, micro-suede lined pockets for valuables, rangefinder pocket, insulated cooler pocket, water bottle pocket, ball and tee pockets and a pen sleeve.
- Comes additionally with umbrella sleeve and rain hood, Velcro glove pouch, and towel clip.
- Flex-base with only 4.9 lbs. weight.
- Available in 7 color combinations that include camouflage.
The straps are easy to remove which is great for golfers who feel like getting rid of them for cart use. The legs of the bag are a bit bent and hinge more than other bags. The base and leg combination is very sturdy, sleek and a nice improvement when you want to use a cart.
- The bag is lightweight and very stable.
- Full-length dividers ensure that the clubs are not overcrowded.
- Very easy to carry due to the highly adjustable and dual density strap feature.
- Offers ample storage space.
- The major flaw of this stand bag is the fact that the club divider compartments are too few.
The Taylor Made FlexTech is an impressive piece. It has plenty of storage room for whatever you need to play the game. Clubs are kept organized, and the bag has a perfect back for using a cart or walking. A durable and quality product that fits among the top golf stand bags.
Many love the fun game of golf. The Tangkula Golf Bag is an in-style and compact bag that offers you long-lasting satisfaction.
With its polyester fabric, the bag can withstand wear and tear properly. It weighs only 3.5lbs meaning it is super lightweight.
- 3-Way divider top surprisingly provides sufficient space for golf Polyester fabric makes this bag wear resistant.
- 4 zipper pockets offer extra storage space for accessories. Unique zipper style brings aesthetics and function to this golf stand bag.
- Backpack-design shoulder strap for added comfort.
- Convenient carry handle on the side.
- Compact body makes it an ideal travel bag.
- Foot pipe support helps the bag in standing steadily and balanced.
Resistant to wear and tear, offers a reasonable capacity, great for traveling and has excellent foot support.
- Great travel golf bag due to its compact body.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Double straps are comfortable.
- Dividers ensure that the clubs stay separated.
- Very steady and balanced.
- The water bottle pouch is only large enough for very slim bottles. Also, the top pocket and zipper may wear out over time.
If you like to travel with your golf equipment, this is the perfect bag to use. It is lightweight but offers decent storage for all your accessories. If you like small golf bags that are easy to carry everywhere you go, then this is a suitable product.
Another quality product that fits among the best golf stand bags is the Callaway Golf Capital stand bag. It allows you to carry necessary equipment and accessories as you go out to the course.
The top part has separators for different types of clubs and irons. Its size is neither too big nor too small, and the back strap feature is fantastic.
- 5-Way organizational top comes with full-length dividers to keep your clubs safe and organized.
- Updated comfort Tech Strap System gives you a comfortable and lightweight feel on your shoulders.
- 5 overall pockets including a valuables pouch, full-length garment pocket, water bottle pouch and full-size ball pocket.
- Breathable mesh hip pad gives comfort on the major touch points.
- Webbed towel ring with rain hood
This stand bag can fit 14 clubs in its 5 Way divider top. It is smaller than regular golf bags and is easy to wash.
- Pockets are easy to access.
- Double back strap feature seems comfortable.
- Lightweight and sturdy stand bag.
- Easy to clean.
- The bag is less spacious than any ordinary golf bag. Furthermore, this golf stand bag requires some adjustment when standing on a concrete floor.
The Callaway Capital Stand bag has bright and excellent colors which are suitable for young golfers and beginners. It can be a nice gift for family members who are getting into the play of golf.
With its 7-Way organizational top, the Callaway Golf 2018 Hyper-Lite 5 Stand bag bids you an excellent way to keep your golf clubs organized and protected.
It is comfortable, and easy to carry due to its double straps. Plus, it feels a nice and sturdy stand bag.
- 7-Way organizational top that has full-length dividers to keep your clubs safe and organized.
- Comfort Tech Strap System features extra padding and support to bring a comfortable and lightweight feel as you carry it.
- Black Satin Bottle Opener Utility Hook offers golfers many choices and versatility on the course.
- Integrated Alignment Stick Holder
- 8 pockets including the velour-lined pockets for valuables.
- Available in a variety of colors, and weighs only 5.6 lbs.
- There’s rubber at the bottom of every leg to prevent slipping.
- Xtra Traction Technology makes the stand bag solid and balanced.
This bag offers you loads of storage, is lightweight and looks stylish. It comes in either single or double shoulder straps.
- Lightweight carry.
- Comfortable due to the shoulder and hip pads.
- There’s plenty of storage.
- Cool looks.
- The legs tend to be a bit flimsy and may fail to retract or extend properly.
Callaway has created a sturdier addition to their stand golf bag line. The bag is priced competitively. It features all the designs you would expect from a decent stand bag. If you love to go lightweight with golf bags, you should definitely check this one out.
Guide to Buy the Best Golf Stand Bags
Golfers who like to walk with their complete set near them, have a variety of bags to choose from. As you buy your golf stand bag, here are some of the features you should look for to identify the best stand bag.
Quality of the Stand
It is crucial when selecting the most suitable stand bag to inspect the stability of the stand with the base of the product. The quality of stands varies in different stand bags. It is essential to know which bags are likely to fall when it is windy.
The weight of the bag should complement your playing routine. A lighter bag is suitable if you plan to carry or haul the bag around the course instead of using a golf cart bag.
Stand bags with more dividers tend to be more substantial than those with very few divider tops.
Number of Pockets
Golf bags tend to have multiple pockets designed for different uses like keeping valuables, carrying clothes, brushes, umbrella, etc.
As you buy your stand bag, you should keep in mind the number of pockets you require for storing your golfing equipment. More pockets mean added storage space.
Organizational divider tops are used to keep your clubs separated and protected. These tops vary in number. Some stand bags have as little as 1 or 2 divider tops while others have as many as 14 or 15 dividers.
If you carry a lot of clubs, a lot of divider tops are great to have sufficient space for your clubs. On the other hand, if you prefer a light load, fewer divider tops are a nice choice.
Easy Lift Handle
You will most certainly want to have a golf bag that has a handle that is easy to lift. Test different bags to know which one possesses the best handle.
If you plan to use a cart on the course, the stand bag should easily fit on the cart.
Adjustable Shoulder Straps
Shoulder straps should be able to distribute the bag’s weight efficiently. They need to be adequately padded to give your shoulders a comfortable and lightweight feel.
The choice of the bag will largely depend on how much money you are willing to spend. There are greatly priced golf bags that are of high quality. Therefore, price does not necessarily equate to the quality.
Furthermore, a stand bag that has a putter well and a towel holder would be a better choice. All in all, the choice of a stand bag largely depends on your preferences.
If you like to carry a lot of clubs, get a bag with many dividers, if you enjoy carrying your stand bag in the course, buy a lightweight back that has a good shoulder strap system, and so on.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
- What makes a good stand bag?
A: A good stand bag looks great, has plenty of storage room, is practical and has a certain level of robustness.
- In what instances are stand bags most suitable?
A: Golfers prefer to use stand bags when the plan to walk around the course. This is due to the fact that the retractable legs let the bag stay in an upright position on the turf.
- What are the best shoulder straps?
A: A lot of stand bags have backpack-style shoulder straps which are great because they distribute the bag’s weight across both of your shoulders.
Stand bags have a design that is pretty unique compared to other types of golf bags; they are equipped with 2 retractable legs. These legs are important because they allow the bag to remain upright or canted.
If you are seeking for a lighter stand bag or perhaps one that is durable, practical and waterproof, the above golf stand bag reviews are bound to give you an idea of the best golf stand bag.